My lawyer received a pretrial letter over a month ago on my nj workmans comp settlement case and i was wondering how long before

Asked over 1 year ago - Paterson, NJ

i was injured in 2011 have returned to work a yr ago ,did emi seen my lawyers doctor and was wondring why i still havent heard anything yet

1. Christopher G Meikle

Pro

2

Answered . While a year is a long period of time there can be many reasons. Once you were determined to be at MMI your attorney must then obtain the medical records. While New Jersey requires the Respondent to provide the records free of charge, depending upon the insurance carrier this can sometimes take several months. I have had to file multiple motions to get the records in some cases. Once all records are obtained then exams are scheduled. On average, an expert takes up to 2 months to issue his/her report. Once both sides have obtained their reports they are exchanged. Your attorney will then attempt to negotiate the claim usually without the court's assistance. If unsuccessful in negotiations the case may be conferenced several times with the Judge assigned to the case. Your attorney wants the case settled just a much as you do. He/she does not get paid until you do. I suggest a call to the office to request a status update.

2. George Ellis Corson IV

2

Answered . Apparently you have not heard anything about your case because you have not called your Attorney to ask the questions. There is absolutely no way for us to know what is going on with your case.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

2

Answered . Your lawyer can clear things up for you. Online we have no way to look at your case file.