My lawyer has practiced 4 yrs as a defence lawyer in Fairfax County. Do you think she has had enough experiance to defend me.

Dunn Loring, VA |

3 Felony class U (sell ,give,distbute Morphine Sulfate) a contolled substance classified in schedule 11

1. Others may have a different opinion, but after 4 years, an OK lawyer will be better and a good lawyer is even better. If you think you communicate well with your lawyer, that should be enough.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. This is a question that only you can answer. You've met with her. Did you interview her to explore her level of experience and skill in handling the type of case you have? Does she have experience in handling drug cases? Have you interviewed other lawyers. You are the consumer/client you have the burden of satisfying yourself about the qualifications of a prospective candidate. No one here can directly answer the question you have asked. Good luck.

3. It all depends on the person. There are attorneys that are amazing right out of law school, and attorneys who are terrible with 20+ years of experience. Only you can decide whether or not your attorney is competent enough to represent you.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN CUMULATIVE AND SPECIFIC CASE RESULTS OF MATTERS HANDLED BY ERIC DEMETRIADES. CASE RESULTS DEPEND UPON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE. CASE RESULTS DO NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT A SIMILAR RESULT IN ANY FUTURE CASE UNDERTAKEN BY THE LAW FIRM. FURTHERMORE BY ANSWERING THIS QUESTION, THE ATTORNEY DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY/CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

4. I agree with the above attorneys' advice

the information provided above is for information purposes only and you should consult an attorney for specific answers to your case

Professional ethics topics