My lawyer contact me and said the case was settle and I have to come in to sign papers when do I get the money

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

Do I get it the same day

1. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . Without being flip, you should ask your attorney that question. I would add, that I have never received a settlement check from the adverse party on the same that the release was signed.

Stew Crawford Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

223 North Monroe Street
    Media, Pa 19063 (Philadelphia Area)
    877-992-6311
    www.crawfordlaw.org

Email: lawsuit@subrolaw.us

2. Paula Brown Sinclair

4

Answered . Some patience is required. Not only do settlement checks rarely accompany release documents, but insurance companies often send warrants, not checks, which are not immediately cashable. Then, if that's not enough delay, your own attorney cannot ethically release funds to you from his/her trust account the settlement check has cleared.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.
  3. Joseph Jonathan Brophy

2

Answered . It takes weeks to months from the time settlement documents are received by the defendant until the client can be paid. Every case is different. Your lawyer is in the best position to answer this question.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now