My last reporting end date or the date of acceptance of resignation of my previous job,is the end date of my previous job?

San Jose, CA |

Hi, I am international student,doing MS in US.I reported to my previous till on 07/31/2012.Then went on sick leave as my study leave wasn't approved and joined my MS in US in 08/28/2012.On 02/17/2013 I sent my resignation to my previous company which was conditionally accepted with an effective date on 02/20/2013.Now I have an internship offer where I have to enter end date of previous job.Can I enter 07/31/2012 as my end date or 02/20/2013 will be the correct one.I fear to enter the latter date,02/20/2013, as I may face question, how is it possible for me to pursue MS when I am employed, because officially my resignation was accepted on 02/20/2013 which is later than my joining to MS which is 08/28/2012.Please advice which date is safe to enter for back ground verification for new job?

I would put the earlier date, and explain truthfully, if asked, what happened, that your last reporting date was 7/31. You might ask the new company what they want you to put...Maybe call your new supervisor and ask?

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com