My landlord says that I must vacate the premises by 4pm tomorrow if I stay after that it will be considered trespassing, true?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cohoes, NY

My landlord says that I must vacate the premises by 4pm tomorrow and if I stay after that it will be considered trespassing. He says that I signed an agreement that I never signed, what should I do?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . If you have been a tenant for more than 30 days I don't think he can just throw you out. He has to start eviction proceedings. If I were you, I would hire a local landlord/tenant attorney ASAP.

2. Steven Warren Smollens

Answered . Dear what should I do?

Hello. You have had nearly all day to explain with facts instead of mere conclusions what is going on in your life. Earlier today the impression you gave was that without any cause and without a court proceeding and without you having signed any agreement, the person you identified as "landlord" told you he arranged for the Cohoes Police to come on Sunday at 4 PM and evict you. You did not take the time to explain how you began to occupy the property, how long you occupied the property and if you paid anyone, in particular your "landlord" for the right to occupy the property.

3. Richard J. Chertock

Pro

Answered . Get an attorney to review the case with you and file and order to show cause if appropriate.