My landlord just lets himself in without notice?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sartell, MN

he well say it because something wrong with other side because we in a side by side but i rent this place i want notice and not to just walk upstairs and there he be. I'm scared to say something because our lease is very detailed. if i have more then 13 ppl at my house for example he can kick me out

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . First--LL cannot kick anyone out--only a court can. LL must go to court with legitimate gounds in order to evict.

Second--LL is likely violating state laws with unannounced and no notice entry. Write him a letter demanding proper notice IAW MN law (in most states its 24 hours except for an emergency (smoke detector, flooding, sewage etc). Send the letter certified mail, RRR. If LL continues you may be able to hold him in violation of yoru right to privacy and sue for damages, moving costs, maybe attorney fees and maybe break the lease agreement too. Use Google to locate MN residential landlord tenant statute and find the section that relates to LL entry and proper notice in MN.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now