My landlord just lets himself in without notice?

Sartell, MN |

he well say it because something wrong with other side because we in a side by side but i rent this place i want notice and not to just walk upstairs and there he be. I'm scared to say something because our lease is very detailed. if i have more then 13 ppl at my house for example he can kick me out

First--LL cannot kick anyone out--only a court can. LL must go to court with legitimate gounds in order to evict.

Second--LL is likely violating state laws with unannounced and no notice entry. Write him a letter demanding proper notice IAW MN law (in most states its 24 hours except for an emergency (smoke detector, flooding, sewage etc). Send the letter certified mail, RRR. If LL continues you may be able to hold him in violation of yoru right to privacy and sue for damages, moving costs, maybe attorney fees and maybe break the lease agreement too. Use Google to locate MN residential landlord tenant statute and find the section that relates to LL entry and proper notice in MN.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I do five my 100% effort to get you on the right track with your issue. Sometimes that means legal educational information, sometimes that means counseling and non-legal guidance. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Landlord-tenant topics