My landlord is selling the duplex i rent does she/new owners have to pay a relocation fee to vacate the property?

I have a 5 month old child and the lease is a month-to-month.

Only if your duplex is located within the City of Los Angeles and subject to the Los Angeles Rent Stablization Ordinance.

Otherwise, the landlord is not obligated to pay you a relocation fee to move out of the duplex.

No. Generally, the new owners must give you 60 days notice.

Although the above response is believed to be accurate, it should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice because the information provided is incomplete. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. No attorney client relation is formed with me without a written contract.

Good Luck starts with a strategy and a plan.

Robert J. Suhajda, MS,CPA
17721 Norwalk Blvd. #43
Artesia, CA 90701

Former financial auditor and controller. Admitted to US Tax Court, Income Tax, IRS representation, Fiduciary income tax returns, Estate and Gift tax returns,
Homeowner Association Strategist.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates