My landlord is missing

Revere, MA |

My city boarded up the rental property I lived in without notice and everything I own is still in it

1. Contact the City immediately and find out why the property was condemned. You should be able to make arrangements to retrieve essential personal items immediately with the City. Depending upon your income, you may also be able to get emergency housing assistance. Also contact an attorney immediately to better understand your rights and what may be required going forward.

2. I agree with my colleague - contact the township to see if you can arrange access to retrieve your personal belongings and also contact a landlord tenant attorney to see what rights you might have.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

3. I agree with my colleague - contact the township to see if you can arrange access to retrieve your personal belongings and also contact a landlord tenant attorney to see what rights you might have.

4. I know how devastating it can be to be in this situation. I have a great deal of experience on several similar cases for tenants. Please feel free to call me and I'd be happy to answer your questions at no charge.

-Ed