My landlord is evicting me over a dog that he said I could have...in reality his house had a lead problem and since then he has

Dixon, IL |

wanted me out. To explain things more, when I first moved in there was no lease and I was never handed any papers (including lead pamphlet). My daughter tested high for lead and he had to make a lot of repairs to the place. Since then he told me I had to get out when I said no he had to fix the problem, he decided to say if my dog brought in lead from outside he was not responsible. Then he sent another notice stating that due to his insurance, since I have a pitbull, I had ten days to get rid of my dog or move. My dog has been a pitbull since I got him and since the landlord said it was ok. In exact words when I first moved in he said we could "try" having a dog there and now a year later its not ok. This is all over the LEAD Paint! He is now trying to evict me (which I am moving anyhow)

If you are moving, what is your question? If you have concerns regarding retaliation over the lead paint issue, then speak with an attorney. Your local and state bar associations can give you a referral.

If we do not have a signed fee agreement I am not your attorney and this is not legal advice.

This is a difficult question to answer, since it is not entirely clear what your goal would be. If you have questions about the legal process of eviction, or about a possible suit against your landlord for health issues, you should immediately consult a landlord/tenant attorney in your area.

Content contained on this site is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. You should consult an attorney to discuss your particular case and to obtain legal advice.

Landlord-tenant topics