My landlord has refused to provide a gas stove or run electric for my stove. Can he do this?

Plymouth, IN |

When we rented the house we are in, the landlord was not here. He was in Alabama. His mother rented the home to us, but his name is on the lease not her's. She told us to make a list of things that need to be done. So, we did. The biggest concern was the stove. The house has gas hook-up, but our stove is electric. When we asked her about it, she said that it was our problem. When we talked to him, he said he was never given the list. This list included the hook-up for the stove or a stove to use, among other things that need to be done. Now, she deny's everything and he says he never got the list. Is there anything we can do?

1. In most states a LL is required to provide a stove. Talk to the local code enforcement officer.

DISCLAIMER The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise. When answering questions on AVVO, attorneys are prohibited from directly soliciting business. Don't take this as an indication of lack of interest. Follow my answers to other questions on Twitter @LandLawyer James S. Tupitza 212 West Gay Street West Chester, PA 19380 610-696-2600

Landlord-tenant law topics