My landlord has been harassing me very bad. I need a lawyer asap!

Zephyrhills, FL |

My landlord has been harassing me very bad. She has shut off my power illegally, she has called the cops numerous times, she has ripped stuff off my trailer in front of one of the cops she called, she has threatened me numerous times, she slanders me to the entire park VERY often (almost daily), and she has now left a paper on my door because I stayed 1 night out, stating that I have abandoned my trailer and need to call her within 4 days or they will take it from me. I am at my wits end and I know everything she has been doing is illegal but I wanted to work it out with her. I cant even speak with her without her threatening or slandering. I need a lawyer asap!

Use the AVVO find a lawyer tool. Your landlord sounds like she's doing a variety of illegal/impermissible things with respect to your rental.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.

You have listed numerous causes of action you might have against your landlord. A letter from an attorney might be helpful and might not. You may be forced to file a lawsuit to protect your interests. In the end you are probably better off moving elsewhere.

Statements made in response to questions on this site are for informational purposes only and do not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

The Lease will govern the relationship between the landlord and tenant. Generally, landlords are not allowed to perform self-help evictions by shutting off utilities or removing doors. I recommend you talk with an attorney about your situation.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of the Law Office of Preston H. Oughton, pursuant to an executed fee agreement, you should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. Preston H. Oughton poughton@oughtonlaw.com (904) 854-6336.