My laid off H1B spouse is filing for adjustment of status through marriage to me. On the I-765 form is this an initial EAD?

Asked over 4 years ago - Dallas, TX

Spouse is on H1B visa. Prior to this, she also once had an EAD card for F-1 OPT 4 years ago. For purposes of completing the I-765 form, do we check the box "Permission to accept employment" OR "Renewal of my permission to accept employment" I.e. is this an Initial EAD or a Renewal EAD? Also I-765is being filed concurrently with I-485 and I-130. Do we need to pay the $340 fee or is this waived?

1. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

1

Answered . Congratulations on your marriage. The EAD is a new one, it is not a renvewal. No you do not have to pay the $340, it is included in the $1010 fees. It is always recommended to file marriage petitions with an attorney.

Good Luck
    Shah Peerally
    Note: The above is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act based solely on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.