My L2 visa is valid till 17-Feb-2014 and same is the expiry date for my EAD L2. Can I go to India on vacation and resume my job.

Strongsville, OH |
Filed under: L-2 dependent visa

Can I use the same EAD to join back my job. The EAD says "Not valid for reentry to US" but since my L2 visa is valid, I can go and come back?

1. Yes

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. You are confusing immigration documents and their purpose. Visa is required to travel to the U.S. where as EAD is required to document work status.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

3. Yes.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

4. Yes - the visa is good for travel. The EAD is good for employment.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com