Skip to main content

My L1b visa Is expiring next April. What are the available options if I want to continue to stay on non immigrant visa.

Hoffman Estates, IL |

Especially when the L1B extensions rejections are very high.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. The appropriate solution depends on your goal and circumstance. Are you planning to pursue further education? What type of work do you do? Are you the recipient of awards? And many more factors. You have to consult with an immigration lawyer to zero in on the right solution.

    Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:

  2. The scope of your question is too broad. You should consult with an immigration attorney to assess your professional background, terms of employment, and timing issues in order to determine options.

  3. That is a subject to be discussed in the privacy of the office of an immigration lawyer in your area.

    Asking such broad and open ended questions and getting generic answers which might not be applicable to your specific situation will not advance you any.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  4. If you apply for an h1b you will not be able to begin work until next October. If you have the chance to go out of the US between April and October then apply for the H1b. You should also talk with your employer.

    Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC

    This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

Education law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics