My L1b visa Is expiring next April. What are the available options if I want to continue to stay on non immigrant visa.

Hoffman Estates, IL |

Especially when the L1B extensions rejections are very high.

The appropriate solution depends on your goal and circumstance. Are you planning to pursue further education? What type of work do you do? Are you the recipient of awards? And many more factors. You have to consult with an immigration lawyer to zero in on the right solution.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

Thanks for the response. I am on L1B. And want to continue to work. Have 4 years of IT exp, so feel that my employer won't file for L1B to L1A conversion...

Confused between l1b extension or filing a fresh h1b next year

Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

You really have to extend your L-1B in early 2013 and continue to work for the emloyer until October 1, 2013. Now, if you would like to switch to H-1B, you can do that on April 1, 2013. The advatange of being in L-1 is that your spouse, if any, can avail of an employment authorization document (EAD). I hope this clears the confusion.

Thanks again for the response... Should I apply for a L1B extension or a fresh L1B petition under current circumstances...

The scope of your question is too broad. You should consult with an immigration attorney to assess your professional background, terms of employment, and timing issues in order to determine options.

That is a subject to be discussed in the privacy of the office of an immigration lawyer in your area.

Asking such broad and open ended questions and getting generic answers which might not be applicable to your specific situation will not advance you any.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

If you apply for an h1b you will not be able to begin work until next October. If you have the chance to go out of the US between April and October then apply for the H1b. You should also talk with your employer.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC
www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

Education law topics