My L1A Visa Renewal and I 140 Filing ?

My Lawyer is going to file for L1A Extn and I 140. My L1A is expiring in Jan 2010. Can someone tell me if I can travel out of the country while I 140 approval is pending with L1A extn is approved.

Washington, DC -

Maria Fuster Glinsmann

Maria Fuster Glinsmann

Immigration Attorney - Gaithersburg, MD

L-1 Visa Holders are permitted to travel with or without advance parole provided their Machine Readable Visa is unexpired and their petition validity period is current. Therefore, regardless of what is happening with your I-140 Petition for Alien Worker and related I-485 Adjustment of Status, you are okay to travel outside the United States.

Remember that most ports will only give you an I-94 card that is valid until the SOONER of 1) the expiration date of your MRV, 2) the expiration date of your passport or 3) the expiration date of your Petition.

Feel free to schedule your Free 30 Minute Initial Consultation using our Online Appointment Scheduling System that is linked below to get more reliable advice.

Charles H Kuck

Charles H Kuck

Immigration Attorney - Atlanta, GA

yes, you can travel while the I-140 is pending after the L-1 extension is approved.

Best regards
Charles

Charles H. Kuck
Managing Partner
Kuck Immigration Partners LLC--The Immigration Law Firm
8010 Roswell Road, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30350
www.immigration.net
ckuck@immigration.net
Phone: 404/816-8611
Fax: 404/816-8615
Direct Dial: 404/949-8154 Toll Free: 1-866-286-6200
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ckuck or www.twitter.com/immman
Join me on Linkedin.com at http://www.linkedin.com/in/charleskuck
Join us on www.Facebook.com — Search within Facebook for “Kuck Immigration Group LLC”
Sign up for our podcasts on www.itunes.com -- Search “The Immigration Hour”
Read our blog at www.immigration.net/blog

Michael E Hendrickson

Michael E Hendrickson

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Alexandria, VA

Yes, it's called advanced parole(permission to travel while application pending).

M.E. Hendrickson, Esq.
Alexandria, Virginia 22314

Related Advice