My L1A Visa Renewal and I 140 Filing ?

Washington, DC |

My Lawyer is going to file for L1A Extn and I 140. My L1A is expiring in Jan 2010. Can someone tell me if I can travel out of the country while I 140 approval is pending with L1A extn is approved.

1. yes, you can travel while the I-140 is pending after the L-1 extension is approved.

Best regards
    Charles

Charles H. Kuck
    Managing Partner
    Kuck Immigration Partners LLC--The Immigration Law Firm
    8010 Roswell Road, Suite 300
    Atlanta, GA 30350
    www.immigration.net
    ckuck@immigration.net
    Phone: 404/816-8611
    Fax: 404/816-8615
    Direct Dial: 404/949-8154 Toll Free: 1-866-286-6200
    Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ckuck or www.twitter.com/immman
    Join me on Linkedin.com at http://www.linkedin.com/in/charleskuck
    Join us on www.Facebook.com — Search within Facebook for “Kuck Immigration Group LLC”
    Sign up for our podcasts on www.itunes.com -- Search “The Immigration Hour”
    Read our blog at www.immigration.net/blog

2. Yes, it's called advanced parole(permission to travel while application pending).

M.E. Hendrickson, Esq.
    Alexandria, Virginia 22314

3. L-1 Visa Holders are permitted to travel with or without advance parole provided their Machine Readable Visa is unexpired and their petition validity period is current. Therefore, regardless of what is happening with your I-140 Petition for Alien Worker and related I-485 Adjustment of Status, you are okay to travel outside the United States.

Remember that most ports will only give you an I-94 card that is valid until the SOONER of 1) the expiration date of your MRV, 2) the expiration date of your passport or 3) the expiration date of your Petition.

Feel free to schedule your Free 30 Minute Initial Consultation using our Online Appointment Scheduling System that is linked below to get more reliable advice.