My L1A extension denied, but I94 valid till Oct, 2013. I came on L1B Visa which is expired in Feb 2012.

Columbus, OH |

My question is Can I legally stay till Oct 2013.
And My family recently got L2 Visa based on I94 and they are out US currently. Can they travel now to US as they have valid visa which is till Apr 2018.

Thank you.

You may remain in the United States until the date on your I-94 if you are in compliance with the conditions of your L-1B. Your family should be able to travel to the United States so long as they arrive prior to the termination of your status.

Wendy R. Barlow, Esq, The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., 111 Broadway, Suite 1306, New York NY 10006, (866) 456-­8654, wendy@myatorneyusa.com, www.myattorneyusa.com. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

Could you please throw more light on "I-94 if you are in compliance with the conditions of your L-1B".

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Any grant if non-immigrant starus is condutuoned on certain terms. for example, you were granted L-1B status, which required an employer to sponsor you for a certain position. Your status only remains valid if you continue to work for your employer as designated on the petition approving the L-1B visa.

thank you. I will be with same employer. My employer blanket petition is valid indefinitely. Can I apply again another extension in Oct, 2013 when My I94 is expiring?

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

You may be able to request another extension, but I would need to review the denial.

Hi, Good Morning. I have got denial notice. Nothing mentioned about my depart or leaving the country immediately. So, my I94 is still valid. and I can legally work here and get my family. Please correct me if I am wrong. The denial reason being my role is more like supervisor but not like managerial.

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Again, your I-94 remains valid. The extension was denied. The denial of an extension does not invalidate the current status. The decision says nothing about leaving the U.S. as you remain in a valid non-immigrant status.

Thank you. Is it suggestible to again apply extn in Oct for L1A or at least for L1B. Can you please suggest any other options. Thank you.

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

You would be best advised to s he file a constation with an experienced immigration attorney as more information is needed to determine other options as well as determine whether you should re-file.

Hi Barlow, GM. Today my CSM/Director for my assignment asked an option of applying for GC based on my I94 which is valid till 23td, Oct 2013. My Logistics Team says "we do not have time for the GC". What is the time required to file GC? Please suggest. Thank you.

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

It is apparent your employer does not believe they have sufficient time to pursue the green card process. In addition, the reasons for the L-1A extension denial may complicate the green card process. As I previously stated, you should schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney. There is just too little information to address your questions.

I agree with attorney Barlow.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

You need to talk to your employer's immigration lawyer immediately. They should already have advised you what the implications of the L-1 denial are.

If you are still maintaining the L-1B status you may remain in the US and continue to work. However if you are not still in L-1B status you must leave the US as soon as practicable.

Your family members will only be able to use their L-2 visas so long as you are maintaining an L-1 visa. If you are not in status then they are not permitted to use the L-2 visas; the L-2 visas would be invalidated.

If your employer and their lawyer are not providing you with advice and information about your case, you should immediately ask for them in writing to explain your current situation and then take this to an immigration lawyer for it to be reviewed.

Remember, your employer's immigration lawyer is NOT your lawyer. You are just a 3rd party beneficiary of their arrangement. However you are still entitled to an explanation about what your current status and work authorization are.

Best regards,
Christopher

(513) 549-4420
www.PogueImmigrationLaw.com

Representing clients throughout the US and around the world: www.PogueImmigrationLaw.com (513) 549-4420. We cannot provide legal advice or recommendations unless you retain our law firm to represent you. No attorney/client relationship will begin until you sign a representation agreement and make a retainer payment to open a case with us. Any information found here is general in nature and should not be relied upon in individual cases.

Christopher Michael Pogue

Christopher Michael Pogue

You may be wrong. Not enough information is provided here, and without reviewing the actual documentation in your file no good advice can be given to you that you can rely on. Talk to your employer and your employer's immigration lawyer immediately.

Thank you. I had a talk with my employer and they said my I94 is valid. In case of expired I94, if extn denied, it will be mentioned as to have to depart immediately. Correct me if I am wrong.

Christopher Michael Pogue

Christopher Michael Pogue

Not enough information is provided to answer your question. Your employer should retain an immigration attorney to review your case.

HI there- Not sure why your family has visas till 2018 if yours expires in Oct 2013?

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

Yes, You could stay till your stipulated time. 2018 seems to be a typo. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St Ste 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174
www.haranlaw.com

Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general nature and not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.