My L1 has expired but I have valid i94 till Dec 2015. Can my wife and daughter apply for a L2 visa now ?

Charlotte, NC |
Filed under: L-2 dependent visa

1. if you mean your visa has expired but your status as L-1 is still valid that is, you have a form I 94 evidencing authorized time and you are continuing to work for the employer, your spouse and daughter if she is under the age of 21 may seek L2 status/visa

919.225.3963
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationNC.com

2. Yes, they can of you still work for the employer

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. To get an L-2 visa, your spouse must prove that you are maintaining L-1 status. Your L-1 status is governed by your I-94 and your employment.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.