My kid's could be in harms way due to information on the internet,posted by a local newspaper.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Toledo, OH

I had some legal problems,in 2009, that a local newspaper published and placed on the internet. Since then I have been to court and the charges have been dismissed,2011. I have asked the editor to please remove this posting,he said he will not.I explained to him that this could bring ridicule and harm to my young kids who live in this city.What steps can I take,legally, to force him to delete this information from the internet?

1. Joseph T Ostrowski

4

Answered . Truth is the ultimate defense. You are also not a public figure. If they placed a notice of your arrest, they should be posting that the charges were dropped. You could ask him nicely in a letter to take the information down - or preferably a nice letter from an attorney asking the editor to take it down and threatening legal action potential legal action. What were the charges? Why was the cases dismissed. And why would it bring ridicule and harm to your kids?

Who is going to look back at something 3 years ago, it's old news. Did they also indicate in the paper that the charges were dropped.

I am sure the editor has his position, but if the paper gets hit with a lawsuit, he won't be so happy because it will probably cost the paper a lot in legal fees. Then you might get additional press over the law suit.

Talk to a lawyer. Good luck.

2. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

4

Answered . Defamation cases in any jurisdiction are about the publishing of FALSE information about a person. It appears that what was written was true at the time of publication.

Pro

3

Answered . No. The first amendment allows true information to be published.

Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer. www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Pro

2

5. Charles Thomas Jr.

Answered . You can't. Period.