My juvenile record has been sealed in ohio. I now live in texas, can I get my concealed carry permit.

Houston, TX |

I am now 21 years old I recently had a hearing and successfully got my juvenile record sealed. I have bought 3 firearms legally in texas, and I am now going to attempt to get my concealed carry permit. Will my sealed record come back on the FBI background check for concealed carry?

1. Yes. The government can always see sealed records. Whether or not you can get a CHL in Texas will depend on what the offense was and how long ago it was.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. Sealing your records seals them from the public, but government agencies can still see them. As to whether or not you will be able to get a CHL, it depends on how DPS evaluates your CHL application. Be honest and forthcoming on your CHL application.

This answer is meant for information purposes only. No attorney-client relationship has been established between the Avvo user and Cesar Garcia.

Juvenile law topics