My Job won't allow me to go back to work

Asked over 1 year ago - Memphis, TN

My Job won't allow me to go back to work until I tell them what was my illness and what course of action was taken to cure my illness...also the doctor filled out a release from for me to return to work... This was not a work related injury nor did my company pay one dime of my short term disability...what can I do

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Christopher Filer Donovan

    Contributor Level 2


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Please contact me directly to discuss.


    Christopher Donovan & Associates
    Attorneys at Law

    119 Racine Street, Ste. D
    Memphis, Tennessee 38111
    (901) 848-6170 -- telephone

  2. Daniel L. Morris

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to contact a local attorney to have your rights explained to you. There are legal ramifications regardless of how you decide.

  3. Ruben Alonso Montoya

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your doctor's release to work should suffice. I would recommend that you ask your employer exactly what they need and get that to them. However, if they don't comply get legal assistant.

    Information provided is not legal advice and in no way creates a attorney/client relationship. Therefore no... more
  4. George Ellis Corson IV

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . They probably want to make sure that you are not contagious, but the Doctor release should solve that.

    We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,788 answers this week

2,940 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,788 answers this week

2,940 attorneys answering