Skip to main content

My job fire me because i keep calling in on them about them paying my life insurance policy. what do i do.

Chicago, IL |

they was taking money out my check every two weeks and my insurance collapse for nun payment.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Talk to an employment lawyer immediately. It sounds like you had a legitimate gripe (which almost could be construed as whistleblowing), but they terminated you for speaking out. Under Illinois law, employment is at-will but termination cannot be a clear violation of public policy.

    This answer is intended as informational only, and does not constitute legal advice or form an attorney-client relationship between us.

  2. Hire an attorney who can take them to court.

  3. Illinois employers can terminate their employees without providing advance notice and without cause in most cases. Illinois employers are also required to comply with the federal equal employment laws and with the Illinois Human Rights Act, which prohibit employment terminations on the basis of disability, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, age or military status.

    This is not a legal advice or solicitation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Consult with an attorney. I work for Cardinal Risk Mangement and Cardinal Intellectual Property, IP service companies, but not law firms . I also am the president of Vepachedu Educational Foundation Inc., which is a non profit educational foundation. I also write cultural and scientific compliations for the foundaiton. I also teach at Northwestern university as a guest lecturer. I also provide some pro-bono guidance on immigration and other issues through Indian American Bar Association. I also have a contract with Cardinal Law Group, a law firm, for IP projects. All this information is on my profile at Avvo and also at Linkedin.

  4. Sounds like fraud. Contact a local lawyer.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics