My Italian girlfriend owns a line of handbags and wants to sell them here while in town on B1 . How can it be done legally ?

We have done "trunk shows" before where buyers place order for future models and she gets paid when she goes back to Italy. But now her new bags are ready and we would like to bring them here and try to sell them at a friend's store.

Miami, FL -

Rex Edward Russo

Rex Edward Russo

Bankruptcy Attorney - Miami, FL

I strongly suggest a consultation with a International Business attorney. There are many in Miami, and some are very good at what they do, but their fees are less because they are solo practitioners or in smaller firms. It sounds like that's what you need.

Michael Charles Doland

Michael Charles Doland

Business Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

It might be possible to "consign" the goods from Italy to the US enterprise. If not actively engaged in the business, pre-consignment of goods delivered and re-delivered in the US might not constitute doing business in the US.

Other attorneys may differ in this analysis. I am a business not immigration attorney.