My issue involves my ex husband who emotionally continues to harass and abuse my children and I

Asked about 1 year ago - Colorado Springs, CO

My ex husband has and continues to physically and emotionally abuse everyone in my family.

He has even filed false charges against our son that are currently being resolved in court. He continues to add more false charges. Because of his position as a fireman, he seems to have leverage that I do not. He has failed to provide my children with personal belongings that I paid for. Some items I am now financially responsible to replace.

There is no end in sight for this emotional terrorism. My family lawyer says that this is not an issue he can help me with.

Surely there is a a venue and a penalty for this insane behavior. Surely there is something that I can pursue with legal help to make this stop.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Stephen Clark Harkess

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is no simple answer to this sort of thing. There is no blanket solution that will address all the things that an unbalanced or vindictive ex can do to make life difficult. However, if you let it continue it is unlikely to stop. The only thing you can do is to take each item one by one and fight back. This will not be easy and likely will not be cheap, but you have little choice. You need an attorney and you need to do what you can to resist his tactics and let him know he cannot just get away with his behavior. Otherwise, there is no reason for him to stop.

    You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney... more
  2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to report his behavior to the local law enforcement agency where he resides and also to the Department of Social Services Child Protective Services Department to see if they would open up a dependency and neglect investigation involving him. Best of luck

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,798 answers this week

2,727 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,798 answers this week

2,727 attorneys answering