My issue involves my ex husband who emotionally continues to harass and abuse my children and I

Colorado Springs, CO |

My ex husband has and continues to physically and emotionally abuse everyone in my family.

He has even filed false charges against our son that are currently being resolved in court. He continues to add more false charges. Because of his position as a fireman, he seems to have leverage that I do not. He has failed to provide my children with personal belongings that I paid for. Some items I am now financially responsible to replace.

There is no end in sight for this emotional terrorism. My family lawyer says that this is not an issue he can help me with.

Surely there is a a venue and a penalty for this insane behavior. Surely there is something that I can pursue with legal help to make this stop.

You need to report his behavior to the local law enforcement agency where he resides and also to the Department of Social Services Child Protective Services Department to see if they would open up a dependency and neglect investigation involving him. Best of luck

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

There is no simple answer to this sort of thing. There is no blanket solution that will address all the things that an unbalanced or vindictive ex can do to make life difficult. However, if you let it continue it is unlikely to stop. The only thing you can do is to take each item one by one and fight back. This will not be easy and likely will not be cheap, but you have little choice. You need an attorney and you need to do what you can to resist his tactics and let him know he cannot just get away with his behavior. Otherwise, there is no reason for him to stop.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.