Skip to main content

My is an immigrant been arrested can my petition for his citizenship be revoked...he also abandon the household.

Arlington, TX |

What can I do...He is an immigrant has been arrested with his girlfriend for burning her car....extradited from Florida to Texas where we were married. He left the residents 1 year and 1 month of marriage and moved elsewhere.I had to ask family members to help me worth my household utilities.We had a vehicle that we agreed that he would pay for seeing I already had a carnote....he allowed that vehicle to be repossessed...and I had to pay for this with was on my credit report and is making it hard....I couldn't till this day pay for my student loans...I need help.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    If your husband is not a permanent resident yet, your petition for his green card can be withdraw. If he is already an immigrant you cannot withdraw the petition because it has already been approved. If your husband has applied for citizenship, only he can withdraw that application. If he is not yet a citizen of the US, and he is convicted of arson, Immigration will make him see an immigration judge.

    The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. He is likely to face deportation.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. I think you need a family attorney to file for spousal support for you?

  4. Can you restate the problem using complete thoughts. There are too many holes in your sentences.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics