My immigration case to adjust my status is long over due. Almost 1 yr 6 months and counting and no one is helping

Asked about 2 years ago - Zephyrhills, FL

I filed to remove my temporary status July 2011. They received it august 1st. In May 2012 they asked for more info. Because it seemed they had misplaced previous info provided. We sent in our tax returns, mortgage papers and bills etc. We have never been seperated. Been married for more than 3 and a half years. They told us to wait 90 days we waited. No response. We called customer service they kept giving us the run around. Then we received a letter in the mail saying my file was sent to a uscis storage facility. I called they said it was a mistake they made and they sent it to tampa. During that time I did an info pass and they said they had issues with Vermont. Next we received a letter stating wait for appointmeny. Next info pass agent was rude and stated there was nothing we can do

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

6

1

Answered . When waiting for an I-751 interview 12-18 months is not necessarily unreasonable. Unfortunately, these are low priority cases to USCIS. You can certainly retain counsel to represent you and follow-up with USCIS and file a mandamus action, but whether the latter makes sense depends upon the specific facts of your case. I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your case, advise you as to the options available and recommend a course of action.

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . The processing of the I-751 has slowed in tthe last few years. Yours however is the longest I have heard. I also suggest you work with an experienced immigration attorney who can look into processing of the case.

The good news is that your LPR status is retroactive and you will probably be eligible to file for NATZ as soon as you receive your greencard.

3. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

5

1

Answered . You definitely can do something; you can hire an immigration lawyer. It is not too late to have an experienced advocate on your side who can utilize liaison channels to determine what is happening with your case.

4. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Your mistake was to file the I-751 by yourselves, without the assistance of an immigration lawyer to represent you. Am afraid none of this what you are describing would have taken place had an attorney prepared, filed and handled the case on your behalf.

The sad reality is that USCIS does not really care about the unrepresented public. They are only accountable to lawyers and their organization, AILA.

One or more answers have been taken down.