My IDRC class is scheduled after 90-day suspension period. Will I still be able to drive?

Asked over 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

I was convicted of a DUI back in February and received a 90-day suspension. I will be eligible to restore my license in May. However, I just received notification from the IDRC that my appointment is not until July.
Will I still be able to restore my license by May since this appears to be an IDRC scheduling issue and not one of non-compliance?

1. Travis J Tormey

3

Answered . Unfortunately, I don't think so. You have not complied with the conditions of your sentence if IDRC has not been completed. Therefore, you won't be able to get your license back. You should contact them immediately and see if you can go to a class in the near future.

2. Steven P Haddad

2

Answered . Doesn't sound like like it. Your best option to call the NJ mvc.

3. Benjamin G Kelsen

Pro

2

Answered . The motor vehicle commission will not restore your driving privileges until the completion of the IDRC. Remember that the penalties for driving while suspended due to a DWI are quite severe. Perhaps find out if there is another program that you can use that would be acceptable.

4. Mark M Cheser

Pro

2

Answered . You can get relief from the court but I have been told that MVC will take care of the problem. Call them.

5. Greggory M Marootian

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, for a first offense, provided that this is (as you state) an IDRC scheduling issue and not a non-compliance issue, you will be able to get restored.

6. Steven W. Hernandez

1

Answered . IDRC has been clamping down lately. MVC will want proof that the IDRC portion has been complied with, so, I do not believe that you will get your license back until the 12 hour IDRC class has been taken care of. I would call them and see if there is an earlier class.