My I485 approved but not my wife's

Asked over 1 year ago - West Palm Beach, FL

Today I received an e-mail stating that production of my card has been ordered, but my wife who is the derivative beneficiary has not been approved. Her case status is still in the testing & interview stage. Why is this?

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

7

Best Answer

Answered . Just because your applications were filed together does not mean that they will be approved at the same time. There may be issued which need to be addressed before your wife's application can be approved. For example, we don't know her immigration history which may cause complications with her application and delay its adjudication. Most of the time dependent family members applications are adjudicated at the same time as the principals, but not always. Also, the online system you are referencing is not a live system and therefore not 100% reliable. Give it some more time before making an inquiry (45 to 60 days).

2. Stephen D. Berman

5

Answered . There is no way to know, but it is not unusual and it can go on for a very, very long time so brace yourself.

3. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . You would need to ask USCIS.

4. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . You will need to make an inquiry with USCIS.

5. Simone Rosemarie Coley

2

Answered . Call USCIS. The number is available at USCIS.gov.

Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.