My i360 was approved and my i485 has jurisdiction over it was transferred to NBC now it's been processed with uscis?

Brooklyn, NY |

What does it mean with the jurisdiction and the NBC? Thank you in advance

1. Jurisdiction is who has the power to make a decision. The I-485 is at the National Benefits Center of USCIS who has the authority/power to schedule your interview. Your interview will be at the USCIS field office closest to your current residence.

2. It simply means your file has now been transferred to the National Benefits Center of the USCIS, for the scheduling of your I Trevor's at the local USCIS field office having jurisdiction (authority) over your place of residence.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. My colleagues are correct ... it is bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo for "we're moving your file from the left-side of our desk to the right-side".

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.