My i130 was approved when I was 19 now im 21 .

Asked over 1 year ago - Oviedo, FL

I applied for i485 after I turned 21 .Now my case is at the RFE stage . Just sent everything they aasked for such as medical exam and my mothers most recent tax info and my mother is a US citizen. Now when I check my status on uscis site it shows 3 stages left: decision , post decision activity and card /document production. My question is. Is there a chance that this is getting any where since I turned 21 when I applied for i485? Did my age froze from when myi130 was approved?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

1

Answered . Under CSPA, if your mother was a US citizen when she submitted an I-130 on your behalf, your age was frozen at 19.

2. Jeffrey Adam Devore

4

Answered . The answer to your question really depends upon when you H-10 was filed and how long it was pending. Additionally, when your I-485 was submitted and what your mother's status was at the time she submitted the I-130. Once you turned 21 you became subject to a quota. Unless you are covered by the CSPA then you are looking at potential issues. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for case specific advice.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . You will probably be OK ... meet with an attorney to discuss the reasons for the RFE.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

Answered . Your case should move along ok

5. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.