My i130 was approved when I was 19 now im 21 .

I applied for i485 after I turned 21 .Now my case is at the RFE stage . Just sent everything they aasked for such as medical exam and my mothers most recent tax info and my mother is a US citizen. Now when I check my status on uscis site it shows 3 stages left: decision , post decision activity and card /document production. My question is. Is there a chance that this is getting any where since I turned 21 when I applied for i485? Did my age froze from when myi130 was approved?

Oviedo, FL -

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Under CSPA, if your mother was a US citizen when she submitted an I-130 on your behalf, your age was frozen at 19.

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Immigration Attorney - West Palm Beach, FL

The answer to your question really depends upon when you H-10 was filed and how long it was pending. Additionally, when your I-485 was submitted and what your mother's status was at the time she submitted the I-130. Once you turned 21 you became subject to a quota. Unless you are covered by the CSPA then you are looking at potential issues. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for case specific advice.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

You will probably be OK ... meet with an attorney to discuss the reasons for the RFE.

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

Your case should move along ok

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

I agree with my colleagues.