My I-94 is expired. Can I adjust status based on marriage to a US citizen?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

My I-94 has been expired for about 3 months. I was on a B-2 visa. Last week, my girlfriend and I got married. Can she file the I-130/I-485 for me even though I am 3 months out of status?

1. Anna Tsibel Moreas

3

Answered . Overstaying your tourist visa will not on its own render you inadmissible absent other grounds. Make sure you consult an immigration attorney before filing any documents.

2. Irene Vaisman

4

Answered . If she is a US citizen and you otherwise qualify then yes. It's best to work with an experienced attorney.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Cassandra Ann Rodriguez

Pro

3

Answered . Yes as to your specific question. I would want to meet with you and make sure there are not other issues before proceeding forward. Feel free to contact me if you'd like help with the immigration process! Good luck, Cassandra Rodriguez