Skip to main content

My I-94 expires in 2014 but my E2 visa expires in 2017, how can I extend I-94 without leaving USA?

Odessa, TX |

I got myI-94 while I was inside USA, then I went to Canada for visa in the passport and E2 visa was issued until 2017.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. There are forms to file, along with your financial papers ... something that you would be wise to do with the assistance of an attorney.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  2. By having your employer file for an extension

    Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. You can apply for an extension for additional two years six months before the I-94 expiration date. Another way, which should be much easier, is to go to Canada before the I-94 expiration, and when you reenter, the CBP will usually give you two years of I-94.

    This is general information, not legal advice. This does not establish any attorney client relationship.