My I-766 form was stolen, how do I get a new one?

Asked over 1 year ago - Forest City, NC

Someone broke into my house and stole some valuables and my wallet, which had my job authorization card, how do I get another?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Make a police report, fill out the form, pay the fee and get a replacement.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Mr. Segal is correct

    1. police report
    2. submit form ... with fee ... sorry, there is no free replacement.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Robert Louis Brown


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . you need to report the theft to be local police department. Obtain a copy of the report and file for a replacement of the I-765. Use a copy of the police report to evidence your I-766 was lost or stolen.


Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,745 answers this week

2,833 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,745 answers this week

2,833 attorneys answering