Skip to main content

My I-751 rquest was denied

Chicago, IL |

My request for I-751 was denied yesterday because at the interview my wife and i didn't have the same answer to officer about our life and relationship and most regarding my step daugher
I came to usa in 2009 to join my wife after we get married in 2007. My suprise was when i came here she just have a child to another man few months ago but sayin it by mistake she got pregnant.. The child will be 3 years in few days
After 7 months i move to the city because of my job. So since april 2009 am livin in the city
My question is know if we can appeal the decision and what will happen to job ( am supervisor in the casino)
We didn't have anough evidence for the officer just a Tax return-Car insurance - join bank account - life insurance - heath insurance and some photos

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You clearly need to talk to an immigration attorney. Most likely immigration will make you 'renew' your application before an immigration judge. -- -- Senior Legal Counsel -- Capriotti International Law -- Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Contact the American Immigration Lawyers Association for a referral to an experienced immigration attorney.


You will be sent to removal/deportation proceedings. There is no appeal to your denial. The immigration judge will however review your I-751. It would be very wise for you to hire an experienced immigration attorney to represent you before you are ultimately removed.
Luis A. Guerra, Esq.
Law Office of Luis A. Guerra, PA
Atrium Centre
4801 South University Dr., Suite 252
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.


You should hire an attorney ASAP to discuss your options. USCIs can take away your green card and place you in removal proceedings

Good luck

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


Two possible options. I am not sure which one of the two options would be best for you. Please contact an immigration attorney for assistance.

Khaja Din


You will most likely have to refile/renew your I-751 petition and make sure you have the correct and proper evidence to present to the immigration judge to make sure that your case is presented properly and that you do not have your green card taken away from you. I advise meeting with an immigration attorney to discuss your case because you need to be prepared for an immigration court hearing.

Legal disclaimer: Ms. Bluma's advise or answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific advise on your case, you need to consult one on one with an immigration attorney. Ms. Bluma can be reached at 312-909-6003.


It appears that you were not prepared and represented by a professional immigration attorney at that important state of your case. Do not make that repeated mistake; retain an immigration attorney to present your case while in removal.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer