My I-485 was denied.while i was on ULP ,i applied for a new I-360 and got an approval on that. Can i file I-485 now?

Asked over 1 year ago - Nashua, NH

Came to us in 2001.R-1 expired in 2006 july.
1st I-485 filed in 2001 june .Got fired in 2007 and eventually my i-485 was denied in 2010 DEC.
Changed the new temple and filed both I-360 & I-485 in 2010 oct.
2nd time I-485 were denied for not having 501- c-3 in hand at the time of filing I-360 & 485s.
3rd time filed I-360 and got an approval,No non immigrant visa in hand.
Can i adjust my status here?.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Perhaps you could, but I suspect all of these previous misadventures happened to you for the simple reason that you did not have an immigration lawyer analyze your facts and options and you used "self help" by filing those applications on your own..

    If you don't want to risk yet another debacle this time as well and if your future in the US is important to you, then make it a top priority to hire an immigration lawyer before proceeding any further with this.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Christian Schmidt

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You must have continuously maintained status in order to be eligible for adjustment of status.

  3. Dhenu Mitesh Savla


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You are spending thousands of dollars on refilling the I-485 and I-360 and experiencing tremendous hassle on top. Don't you think hiring a lawyer would be money well spent.

    Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC

    This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,159 answers this week

2,718 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary