My I 485 was approved bt have not recieved letter or notice of action how long does this take? It has been 4 weeks ?

Lincoln, NE |

I have not received welcome letter yet or any other mail also the case online still says initial review should I be concerned that there is a problem or wat is normal wait time

The officer told us it was approved at the end of our interview but it has been going on 5 weeks now. Concerned with no mail or change of case status yet. Is it possible there is a different issue

1. You should have received it by now. It probably got lost in transit.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

2. How do you know it was approved if the online case status tells you initial review and you did not receive a green card or welcome letter in the mail? If you know for sure it was approved, you should contact USCIS directly for a replacement document, probably via info pass.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

3. It is unclear how you know your I-485 is approved if you have not yet received a decision. A decision is typically issued 2-4 weeks after the interview bit can be delayed due to security/background checks, criminal record, etc.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

4. Check the web site, since it likely got lost in the mail. You can also request a new copy.

Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one. We do this all the time, but remember that our time is valuable and you should stay with the people who help you the most.