My I-485 is still pending. What should my mom say on her application for B2 visa?

Chicago, IL |

I'm trying to bring my mom to visit me. My status is still pending. When she fills in the application she says she has family here, then they ask about my status. It's a drop-down menu which has options for citizen, green-card holder, and non-immigrant. I'm none of them. What to do? What should she put?

What do oyu mean your status is pending ? What visa did you come in on and what visa are you applying for? Your mom must show significant ties to her home country so she will not overstay

I am married to American citizen and my I-485 has not been approved yet

Either green-card holder or non-immigrant and she will need to explain at the interview.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration