My I-485 has been denied while my work authorization card renewal was being processed. If I file MTR, can I work?

Wynnewood, PA |

I just confirmed that the transaction for my work authorization card renewal has been processed. (fees have been charged through my bank). I didn't receive a card yet. Right after paying for my card renewal, my I-485 got denied. My attorney is going to file a MTR shortly. I have a business, and I am worried if I can't continue to work. (My current work authorization card expires in April.) If my I-485 goes back to pending status after filing MTR, can I receive my work authorization card? I don't know what's happening since renewal fees have been already charged. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Please give me any kind of advice. (not just saying that I need to consult with my attorney.)

Your attorney would be in the best place to answer your questions. If you are unhappy with representation or cannot reach your current attorney to ask these questions to and are relegated to posting questions here while paying someone to not answer yourt case related queries, I suggest hiring someone you are comfortable with and who you believe you can confide in.

I believe I answered this question already. Please see the previous answer.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

Without knowing the facts of your case, it is not possible to answer the question. You need to ask your attorney, or hire a new one to review you entire file.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.