My i-140 and i-485 were denied today. My EAD says valid until 2014. Can I still work? if not, what are my options. Thanks

Memphis, TN |

Before applying for i-140, i-485, and EAD I had an F-2 visa and my husband is still on F-1.

1. If your EAD was issued pursuant to the pending 485, than you cannot work legally. Regarding what to do now, that depends. Speak with and retain an attorney depending upon the reason for the denial an appeal may be in order.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. If the EAD was based on the I-485, then it is no longer valid.

Options depend on facts, of which we have none. You really need to meet one on one with an experienced immigration attorney, whether myself or one of my colleagues, so that he/she can review all your documents and facts in order to determine what your options are.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.