My i-140 and i-485 were denied today. My EAD says valid until 2014. Can I still work? if not, what are my options. Thanks

Asked almost 2 years ago - Memphis, TN

Before applying for i-140, i-485, and EAD I had an F-2 visa and my husband is still on F-1.

1. Nicklaus James Misiti

Answered . If your EAD was issued pursuant to the pending 485, than you cannot work legally. Regarding what to do now, that depends. Speak with and retain an attorney depending upon the reason for the denial an appeal may be in order.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . If the EAD was based on the I-485, then it is no longer valid.

Options depend on facts, of which we have none. You really need to meet one on one with an experienced immigration attorney, whether myself or one of my colleagues, so that he/she can review all your documents and facts in order to determine what your options are.

3. Christian Schmidt

Answered . I absolutely agree with my colleagues.