My I-130 was approved on 12/01/2007. I never took action on the NVC process. What should I do in order to continue my case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Boston, MA

I - 130 approved on 12 , 2007 . I'm still married to the Us Citizen . NVC closed my file because it went more than a year without a contact . I now want to do the WAIVER . What are the steps ?

1. Robert Winford Carpenter

1

Answered . If the NVC closed your file then you need to begin the process again with the I-130.

This is not legal advice until I am retained and have reviewed all facts about your situation.
  2. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Step 1: file a new I-130
    Step 2: wait for it to be approved
    Step 3: apply for the waiver, if you qualify.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Ilir Kavaja

Answered . Refile. Also, retain an attorney to make sure things go smoothly this time around.

Best of luck!

Law Office of Ilir Kavaja
    30 Newbury Street
    Boston, MA 02116

(617) 515-5545
    www.KavajaLaw.com

4. Irene Vaisman

Pro

1

Answered . retain an attorney

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  5. Raha Torabi

1

Answered . An approved Immigration petition goes through the termination process and is destroyed after 1 year of inactivity. Under INA 203(g) - "An alien's registration for an immigrant visa shall be terminated if, within one year after notification of the availability of an immigrant visa, the applicant fails to apply for an immigrant visa."

Since your U.S. Citizen Spouse was petitioning for your immigrant status, an immigrant visa was immediately available. As a result, your "one year" clock started once you received approval of your application and were referred to the NVC to further the processing of your file.

Based on the information you provided above, as of 12/02/2008, the USCIS and the NVC terminated your application.

As the previous attorneys stated, you will need to start your petition from the beginning and re-submit an I-130 application.