My I-130 was approved an have an interview at the mexican consulate in juarez, after approval what is next?

Omaha, NE |

my I-130 has been approved and have my interview, what are my chances of getting denied? also if it is approved i will get a visa or green card..or what is the diffrence? what would be a reason of getting the interview denied if i have no criminal record,have two us citizen kids and head of house hold but i have illegal entery and been here for 6 yrs.have no gang ties.no tickets.

The illegal entry and 6 years of unauthorized presence means you will have a bar to returning. However, a waiver can be presented for that bar. The best thing you can do is hire an experienced attorney to help with that part of the case.

Your chances of being denied are higher if you are unprepared.

If you are approved, you will receive an immigrant visa (stamp in passport) allowing you to come to the U.S. After you enter, a green card (proof of residency) will come in the mail.

Since you have been in the US illegally for over one year, the moment you step outside the US you will be barred from returning for 10 years. You will therefore need a waiver of that bar, and those waivers are not easy to obtain.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to determine if you will be eligible for the waiver. You do not state in your facts, however if you were detained and deported when you entered the US six years ago, you will not be eligible to file a waiver.

The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.