My i-130 status has moved from initial review to post decision activity? what does this mean? and what can i expect from now?

Jamaica, NY |

I am a us citizen applying for my husband. i had applied on February 2013 and my status was on initial review, now its moved up to post decision and the site says they have mailed me? mailed me what? should i be prepared or keep things ready in advance?

Sometimes the USCIS website is not very accurate, so you will probably just have to wait to receive the letter.

Hopefully, it is the Approval Notice. It is not going to hurt to get things ready for the next stage.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC, www.usavisanow.com, 888-645-6272, info@usavisanow.com , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. Probably a letter of some sort. Lets hope it's the approval.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com

3. you will receive a decision on the I-130 in the mail (as everyone else mentioned, hopefully an approval notice)

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

4. If all went well, you can expect a Notice of Approval.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

5. You should receive a USCIS notification about the adjudication of your case. USCIS sends it via regular mail/USPS so it may take a few days. If it has been a week or more already and you have not received anything in the mail, you should contact USCIS by calling the customer service number to get more information or status check.

Akanksha Kalra, Attorney at Law: 215-542-4905 or ak@akaimmigration.com Disclaimer: The information provided here is generalized and should not be relied upon as legal advice. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.

6. You will probably have a decision soon...

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

7. This means that a decision has been made on your case, and a decision letter mailed to you, which you should receive very soon. If you don't, then I would highly recommend you consult with an experienced immigration lawyer.

The answers provided herein are based on limited facts and information, and therefore cannot substitute a formal consultation with an experienced immigration law attorney, nor can the answer be construed as establishing an attorney-client relationship.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics