My I-130 apporval

Asked almost 2 years ago - Miami, FL

USCIS received my case October 09, 2012. they sent me my receipt in the mail. I am still waiting on the approval of my case. Do you have any ideal how much longer till I get approved.

I am a u.s. citizen, I am petitioning for my husband which is from Nigeria. He is not in the u.s. at the time.

1. Jesus Novo III

Answered . There are many bits of information missing from your question. Who petitioned for you, how did you come into the country, etc.? Contact an immigration attorney.

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

1

Answered . The short answer is, the length of time cannot be determined. The longer answer is, depending on whether the petitioner is a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and depending on whether the petitioner is filing for his/her spouse, parent, adult married son/daughter, adult unmarried daughter, unmarried child under age 21, or sibling, the length of time for a USCIS decision could be as short as 2 months, or as long as years. But USCIS might also have reasons for the delay, such as background checks, investigations, etc.

3. Pradeek Susheelan

Pro

Answered . You can check on USCIS website for average processing times of various forms including I -130