My husbands mistress is pregnant. We are staying together as we have 3 children and he has 4 other children prior to marriage.

Asked about 1 year ago - Jacksonville, FL

Does the state of Florida take into consideration other children when calculating child support? My husband can't even afford the support he has to pay now let alone what he will have to owe the mistress.

1. William Charles Rosenfelt

5

Answered . Why is he having children if he cannot afford to support them? Maybe he should get 2 or 3 jobs to support all of them. Otherwise, are we supposed to pay to support them? So he has a total of 8 children? What does he do for a living?

Florida will likely take into account the amount of child support that he is already paying before determining his child support obligation to the mistress.

2. Melissa Moore Stockham

2

Answered . The additional child support obligations will be taken into consideration when calculating child support.