Skip to main content

My husbands in immigration jail waiting deportation for the 3rd time

Buffalo, NY |

can u help us

Attorney Answers 1


Perhaps, but more information is needed. When was he deported? Was he ever granted voluntary departure? Did he voluntarily leave the U.S. and register his departure with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in his home country?

Unlawful re-entry after a deportation order is a Federal Crime, if successfully prosecuted as a crime by the U.S. Attorney, then this can create a permanent ban to lawful immigration. If a person is deported in immigration court, It may also create an indefinite ban to lawful immigration. However, more information is needed.

I strongly recommend an appointment or teleconference with a candid and experienced immigration attorney. This will allow you to consider your options, so that you can determine what to do at this point in your life.

The above is general information and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics