My husbands brother has supported him to a total of $24,000 a year for the past 20 years. He just cut him off. Husband is 75

Asked about 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

Strong headed Napeolatian Italian......

My husband is ill and is still working to make a living. He doesn't have enough quarters to earn a SS check for he has not worked in this country long enough. My husbands brother has gotten very very cheap in his old age and has basically deserted my husband. We are now without living expenses and my husbands brother is laughing. Can we sue him for desertion?

1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

8

Answered . No.

2. George Baker Richardson

5

1

Answered . Although you are talking about family matters, this is not a family law or family court question. Family law addresses matters of divorce, custody, and matters related to marriage and domestic partnership.

I suggest that you re-post your question to those practicing contract law and elder law.

You can consult with a lawyer about your question for little or no cost through a lawyer referral service in your area. You can find your nearest lawyer referral service by clicking on the link below.

3. Michael Charles Doland

5

Answered . As in your other posting, you indicate no legal obligation to suport, other than a continuing gift.