MY husband was told he was ineligible for visa under section 221g , does that mean he can not come to live with me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Detroit, MI

I file a I 130 for my husband Visas, who lives in Ghana he has attended several interview with them asking him to prove our relationship. This time he bought copy of marriage license and all our text messages she said she still don't believe him, I think its because I am 20 yrs. older and the female.

1. Russell Reid Abrutyn

Pro

2

Best Answer

Answered . If the USCIS approved the I-130 petition but the consulate has doubts about the bona fides of the marriage, it can be a complicated process to convince the consulate that the marriage is in fact bona fide. The consulate may return the petition to the USCIS for revocation. If the visa petition is revoked, then it would eliminate your marriage as a basis for your husband's immigration to the U.S.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . The 221g issue needs to be resolved before he can be issued the visa. Without the visa, he cannot enter the US.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.
    [removed]