MY husband was told he was ineligible for visa under section 221g , does that mean he can not come to live with me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Detroit, MI

I file a I 130 for my husband Visas, who lives in Ghana he has attended several interview with them asking him to prove our relationship. This time he bought copy of marriage license and all our text messages she said she still don't believe him, I think its because I am 20 yrs. older and the female.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Russell Reid Abrutyn


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . If the USCIS approved the I-130 petition but the consulate has doubts about the bona fides of the marriage, it can be a complicated process to convince the consulate that the marriage is in fact bona fide. The consulate may return the petition to the USCIS for revocation. If the visa petition is revoked, then it would eliminate your marriage as a basis for your husband's immigration to the U.S.

    The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The 221g issue needs to be resolved before he can be issued the visa. Without the visa, he cannot enter the US.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,112 answers this week

3,229 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,112 answers this week

3,229 attorneys answering