MY husband was told he was ineligible for visa under section 221g , does that mean he can not come to live with me?

Detroit, MI |

I file a I 130 for my husband Visas, who lives in Ghana he has attended several interview with them asking him to prove our relationship. This time he bought copy of marriage license and all our text messages she said she still don't believe him, I think its because I am 20 yrs. older and the female.

If the USCIS approved the I-130 petition but the consulate has doubts about the bona fides of the marriage, it can be a complicated process to convince the consulate that the marriage is in fact bona fide. The consulate may return the petition to the USCIS for revocation. If the visa petition is revoked, then it would eliminate your marriage as a basis for your husband's immigration to the U.S.

The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known and detailed research has not been undertaken. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require an investigation into all facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. Use these answers at your own risk.

I did not know this was why they sent it back but they are returning the petition is there any thing I can do? I've raised my kid's and had been on my own since my husband died for 5 years before meeting this guy I went and met him and we enjoyed our honeymoon and I want to have some fun in life again please tell me if its some hope....!

The 221g issue needs to be resolved before he can be issued the visa. Without the visa, he cannot enter the US.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.
[removed]

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.