My husband was recently terminated from his employment. Can we pursue a Whistleblower lawsuit?

Asked about 1 year ago - Cambridge, MN

My husband worked for a very well known soda company for 11 years and 4 as a branch manager. About 2 months ago he started raising his concerns about the constant DOT violations the company was having to his Regional Manager. The company was scheduling the drivers to violate the DOT hours. About a week later on a conference call between the Regional Manager & area branch managers it was asked that they NOT have their driver's "punch in" so that the DOT hours would be under control and that it was now the branch manager's job to ensure that happens. He again raised the issue with his boss as that is unethical. To control DOT hours he started to deliver product out of a truck and strained his back. He went on Worker's comp. He was released to work on Tuesday and fired on Thursday.

1. Michael Hutchens Frasier

Pro

1

Answered . You husband should definitely consult with an employment attorney. In addition to the whistleblower claim, it's possible he has a worker's compensation retaliation claim. But both claims are very fact intensive and would require an interview.

2. Darrel S Jackson

Pro

Answered . I would encourage your husband to consult in person with an employment lawyer. He may have a valid whistle blower claim.