My husband was in a hit /run accident, the driver that hit him abandon the auto only a few feet away, insurance wont pay

Houma, LA |

They cannot prove the owner was driving because he abandoned the auto due to damage, the insurance wont pay for our auto , which is totaled & my husband was hurt,who is to be held responsible

Each case is very fact specific and not all questions can be answered now. Was the other car reported stolen? If so, when was the report taken and how does that relate to the time of the crash? Did anyone witness the crash? If so, can those witnesses provide a description of the driver and/or passenger?

Also, depending on the insurance policy held by the owner of the other car, assuming there is one, you would have to look at the specific language of that policy, were any drivers excluded, did the vehicle owner let anyone else use his car, was the car stolen, and other questions along those lines are something to consider when evaluating the case. And, what type of insurance coverage do you have on your vehicle? Does it offer you any protection?

Please feel free to contact me, if you would like, to further discuss your family's potential claim

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

My uninsured paid $10,000 which we got $2,000 of, my husband had to have back surgery and is disabled. The owner reported the auto stolen 4 days after the accident, when contacted for insurance information. He also has an extensive dui/dwi arrest history, this accident was at 730 am and the truck had the smell of beer. 2 weeks later at 8 am he was arrested on dwi charges

Richard Ramsey Kennedy III

Richard Ramsey Kennedy III

Odd that the owner took 4 days to report the vehicle stolen. If there is anything my office can do to further answer questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE - IMMEDIATELY CONSULT A LOCAL LA PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

You do not indicate which insurance is refusing to pay. You should hire a personal injury attorney immediately, either you have a claim against the other car's insurance policy, and owner, or against your own for uninsured motorist coverage.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

His insurance is refuseing to pay, my insurance paid my uninsured, but our loss is more than what we got from that.My husband had to have back surgery & is disabled now, the auto was totaled.

Many questions that a good personal injury attorney would ask you need to be asked. Contact a local area personal injury attorney right away to help preserve your rights. Sorry you car was totaled and your husband hurt. Best of luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

More info is needed to evaluate. Contact a lawyer in your state to investigate