My husband was in a hit /run accident, the driver that hit him abandon the auto only a few feet away, insurance wont pay

Asked 11 months ago - Houma, LA

They cannot prove the owner was driving because he abandoned the auto due to damage, the insurance wont pay for our auto , which is totaled & my husband was hurt,who is to be held responsible

1. Richard Ramsey Kennedy III

6

Answered . Each case is very fact specific and not all questions can be answered now. Was the other car reported stolen? If so, when was the report taken and how does that relate to the time of the crash? Did anyone witness the crash? If so, can those witnesses provide a description of the driver and/or passenger?

Also, depending on the insurance policy held by the owner of the other car, assuming there is one, you would have to look at the specific language of that policy, were any drivers excluded, did the vehicle owner let anyone else use his car, was the car stolen, and other questions along those lines are something to consider when evaluating the case. And, what type of insurance coverage do you have on your vehicle? Does it offer you any protection?

Please feel free to contact me, if you would like, to further discuss your family's potential claim

2. Tanya Marie Bachand

7

Answered . You do not indicate which insurance is refusing to pay. You should hire a personal injury attorney immediately, either you have a claim against the other car's insurance policy, and owner, or against your own for uninsured motorist coverage.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Michael R Crosner

3

Answered . DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE - IMMEDIATELY CONSULT A LOCAL LA PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY

4. Albert Lee Crosner

2

Answered . Many questions that a good personal injury attorney would ask you need to be asked. Contact a local area personal injury attorney right away to help preserve your rights. Sorry you car was totaled and your husband hurt. Best of luck.

Pro

2

Answered . More info is needed to evaluate. Contact a lawyer in your state to investigate