My husband was in a fender bender in 2001. He has a subrogation against him and never knew it existed.

Asked over 1 year ago - New Bern, NC

He was in his girl friends car. She gave him permission to use it, they never lived together. She had Geico insurance. The police did not ticket him. Twelve years later he finds out there is a subrogation against him for this for $1800. He never received any notice about it. we found this out because his license was suspended for child support arrears, those are since paid and he went to get a license and Virginia, Loudoun County, has him flagged. Does he have any rights in this matter? is there a statute of limitations? Shouldn't he have been notified? I can't find anything in Loudoun county circuit court on this and not usual info on line. Is it accumulating interest? Does the car owner take any responsibility?

1. Jason Todd Studinski

3

Answered . You may want to retain a local lawyer to help you sort this out. A lawyer will be able to get to the bottom of this and advise you of your rights. Good luck.

2. George Costas Andriotis

2

Answered . Consult an attorney to investigate and get to the bottom of any monies you may owe.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

Answered . My colleagues are correct -- you need local counsel to make sense of that mess.

Pro

1

Answered . Bottom line is that a local lawyer would need to review everything, so call one to discuss all the facts and circumstances.